Tree of Hope Ceremony to Light Up Roswell Park Campus December 2
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
BUFFALO, NY — The Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) community will gather for the annual Tree of Hope lighting ceremony Friday, December 2 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at RPCI. A holiday celebration for all whose lives have been touched by cancer, this family-friendly event will culminate with the lighting of the Tree of Hope by a cancer survivor from Carly’s Club for Kids & Cancer Research in WNY.
This outdoor event, co-sponsored by WIVB News Channel 4/WNLO CW 23 and West Herr Automotive, will include live entertainment and holiday-themed activities throughout Kaminski Park & Gardens. Most activities will take place in heated tents. A few highlights:
- Visits with Mr. and Mrs. Claus
- Horse-drawn-carriage rides
- Live ice sculpting
- Performance by The Albrights, local pop/rock band
- Face painting, magicians and appearances by RPCI’s trained therapy dogs
- A candle ceremony paying tribute to those we’ve lost to cancer and survivors still in the fight
- Raffle of gingerbread houses created by RPCI staff, patients and friends, supporting Roswell Park’s Celebration of Life cancer survivors’ event
- Sale of Paint Box Project cards and gift items benefiting cancer research at RPCI
- Festive hair tinsels for purchase from D’Art Moda Hair Salon & Day Spa, benefiting cancer research and patient-care programs at RPCI
- Seasonal treats like hot chocolate, cider and donuts
Guests should register by Monday, November 28 to 1-877-ASK-RPCI (1-877-275-7724) or email@example.com. See http://www.roswellpark.org/treeofhope for more information. The television audience throughout Western New York, Western Pennsylvania and Southern Ontario can tune in to live broadcasts from the event throughout the News 4 at 5 and News 4 at 6 broadcasts that evening.
RPCI is located at Carlton Street at Elm Street, Buffalo. Parking available in our on-campus parking ramp.
Onsite media contact: Kerry Jones, 716-380-7319