Maureen Sullivan, DDS
Changes in salivary function in radiation and chemotherapy patients
Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ)
Autofluorescence detection of early oral cancer lesions
Education and Training:
DDS - School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo
Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Dental Oncology) Buffalo, NY
- Induction chemotherapy for stage III/IV oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell cancers. Journal of clinical oncology 2010; 28(15 Suppl.):e16012 .
- Autofluorescence-guided surveillance for oral cancer. Cancer prevention research (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2009; 2(11):966-974 .
- Radiation treatment interruptions greater than one week and low hemoglobin levels (12 g/dL) are predictors of local regional failure after definitive concurrent chemotherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. American journal of clinical oncology 2009; 32(6):587-591 .
- Photodynamic therapy for head and neck dysplasia and cancer. Archives of otolaryngology--head and neck surgery 2009; 135(8):784-788 .
- Establishment and characterization of patient tumor-derived head and neck squamous cell carcinoma xenografts. Cancer biology and therapy 2009; 8(23):2275-2283 .
- Chronic periodontitis-human papillomavirus synergy in base of tongue cancers. Archives of otolaryngology--head and neck surgery 2009; 135(4):391-396 .
- Chronic periodontitis and the incidence of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers and prevention 2009; 18(9):2406-2412 .
- Ewing sarcoma of the mandibular condyle: multidisciplinary management optimizes outcome. Head and neck 2008; 30(3):405-410 .
- Challenges in array comparative genomic hybridization for the analysis of cancer samples. Genetics in medicine 2007; 9(9):585-595 .
- Association of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients. Bone marrow transplantation 2007; 40(9):907-909 .
- Necrotizing sialometaplasia associated with bulimia: case report and literature review. Oral surgery, oral medicine, oral pathology, oral radiology, and endodontics 2007; 103(2):e39-e42 .
- Hyperostosis in an orbital defect with craniofacial implants and open-field magnets: a clinical report. Journal of prosthetic dentistry 2007; 97(4):196-199 .
- Increased human buccal cell autofluorescence is a candidate biomarker of tobacco smoking. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers and prevention 2008; 17(1):239-244 .
- Chronic periodontitis and the risk of tongue cancer. Archives of otolaryngology--head and neck surgery 2007; 133(5):450-454 .
- Evaluation of an intervention to enhance the delivery of smoking cessation services to patients with cancer. Journal of cancer education 2011; 26(3):577-582 .
- Previous head and neck cancers portend poor prognoses in lung cancer patients. Annals of thoracic surgery 2011; 92(3):1056-1061 .
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw: dental outcomes in metastatic breast cancer patients treated with bisphosphonates with/without bevacizumab. Clinical breast cancer 2011; 11(4):252-257 .
- Dental outcomes of osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2011; 29(15 Suppl.):e19675 .
- Autofluorescence detection of oral malignancies. Oral oncology 2007; 2(Suppl.):121 .
- Protocol for CT and MRI on patients with craniofacial implants. Oral oncology 2007; 2(Suppl.):133-134 .
- Human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in epithelial dysplasia of oral cavity and oropharynx: a meta-analysis, 1985-2010. Oral oncology 2011; 47(11):1048-1054 .
- Pretreatment nutritional status and locoregional failure of patients with head and neck cancer undergoing definitive concurrent chemoradiation therapy. Head and neck 2011; 33(11):1561-1568 .
- Coffee and tea consumption and risk of head and neck cancers. American journal of epidemiology 2009; 169(Suppl. 11):S49 .