Jorge Gomez, MD
Areas of Expertise:
Definitive non-surgical options for medically inoperable patients with early stage lung cancer using image guided-stereotactic body radiation therapy.
Implementation of 4-D treatment planning and delivery (respiratory gating) techniques to minimize radiation toxicity and improve therapeutic ratio.
Ongoing research of chemical agents with potential normal tissue radiation protection activity (seleniomethionine) when used in conjunction with chemo/radiotherapy
Multidisciplinary management of lung cancer
Education and Training:
MD - Central University of Venezuela School of Medicine, Caracas, Venezuela
Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, American Board of Radiology
Radiation Oncology, Lung and Lymphoma clinics Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center New York, NY
- Substantial dose is incidentally delivered to mediastinal and hilar nodes during stereotactic body radiation therapy for peripheral NSCLCA. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2010; 78(3 Suppl. 1):S512 .
- Level-set segmentation of pulmonary nodules in megavolt electronic portal images using a CT prior. Medical physics 2010; 37(11):5703-5710 .
- Substantial incidental mediastinal and hilar irradiation is delivered during definitive stereotactic body radiation therapy for peripheral non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of thoracic oncology 2010; 5(12 Suppl. 7):S519 .
- Inter and intrafraction set-up variation in the stereotactic body radiation therapy treatment of the lung under controlled breathing conditions measured using CBCT. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2008; 72(1 Suppl.):S618-S619 .
- Renal atrophy secondary to radiation treatment of abdominal malignancies. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2008; 72(1 Suppl.):S84 .
- Quantification of incidental mediastinal and hilar irradiation delivered during definitive stereotactic body radiation therapy for peripheral non-small cell lung cancer. Medical dosimetry 2012; 37(2):182-185 .