Elisabeth Dexter, MD, FACS
Areas of Expertise:
Benign esophageal disease and esophageal cancer
Benign lung disease and lung cancer
Mediastinal and chest wall tumors
Lung cancer staging and outcomes
Esophageal cancer staging and outcomes
Hospital and clinic process improvement
Education and Training:
MD - Case Western Reserve University Medical School, Cleveland, OH
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Diplomate, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Influence of procedure classification on process variability and parameter uncertainty of surgical case durations. Anesthesia and analgesia 2010; 110(4):1155-1163 .
- Perioperative outcomes of thoracoscopic anatomic resections in patients with limited pulmonary reserve. Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery 2011; 141(2):459-462 .
- Prospective trial of thoracic and spine surgeons' updating of their estimated case durations at the start of cases. Anesthesia and analgesia 2010; 110(4):1164-1168 .
- Clinically occult interstitial fibrosis in smokers: classification and significance of a surprisingly common finding in lobectomy specimens. Human pathology 2010; 41(3):316-325 .
- Previous head and neck cancers portend poor prognoses in lung cancer patients. Annals of thoracic surgery 2011; 92(3):1056-1061 .
- Efficacy of mediastinal lymph node dissection during lobectomy for lung cancer by thoracoscopy and thoracotomy. Annals of thoracic surgery 2011; 92(1):226-231; discussion 231-232 .
- An institutional universal standardized tobacco use assessment and intervention in cancer patients : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2011; 29(15 Suppl.):e16543 .
- Treatment advances for medically inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer: emphasis on prospective trials. Lancet oncology 2009; 10(9):885-894 .
- Statistical grand rounds: Importance of appropriately modeling procedure and duration in logistic regression studies of perioperative morbidity and mortality. Anesthesia and analgesia 2011; 113(5):1197-1201 .
- Is sublobar resection sufficient for carcinoid tumors? . Annals of thoracic surgery 2011; 92(5):1774-1778; discussion 1778-9 .
- Cystic metastases of papillary thyroid carcinoma mimicking a primary mediastinal cyst. Journal of thoracic oncology 2009; 4(1):105-106 .
- Both bias and lack of knowledge influence organizational focus on first case of the day starts. Anesthesia and analgesia 2009; 108(4):1257-1261 .
- Definitive treatment of poor-risk patients with stage I lung cancer: a single institution experience. Journal of thoracic oncology 2009; 4(1):69-73 .
- Predicting NSCLC outcomes based on tumor growth in SCID mice. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2011; 52:Abstract #1610 .
- Number of lymph nodes and metastatic lymph node ratio are associated with survival in lung cancer. Annals of thoracic surgery 2012; 93(5):1614-1619; discussion 1619-1620 .
- Thoracoscopic maneuvers for chest wall resection and reconstruction. Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery 2012; 144(3):S52-S57 .