Title (COG AALL0932) Treatment of Patients with Newly Diagnosed Standard Risk B-Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
Principal Investigator Martin Brecher, MD
Study Number 185010
Summary The first goal of this study will be to determine if excellent outcomes (at least 95% 5-yr. disease free survival) are obtained. Another important goal of this study is to provide safe and standardized therapy to DS patients with SR-ALL, and to facilitate further study of this biologically and clinically unique subgroup. This trial will also incorporate prospective, standardized assessments of health related quality of life (HRQOL) among children with AR-ALL using patient-reported measurements. This data will serve as the basis for future screening and intervention strategies to minimize the morbidity of ALL and its therapy in the growing proportion of children with ALL that are cured.
- Patients must be enrolled on AALL08B1 prior to enrollment on AALL0932
- Patients must be > 365 days and < 10 years of age. Patients must have an initial white blood cell count < 500,000/uL
- Patients must have newly diagnosed NCI Standard Risk B-Precursor ALL. Patients with Down syndrome are also eligible
- Patients must not have received any prior cytotoxic chemotherapy for the current diagnosis of ALL or any cancer diagnosed previously, with the exception of steroids and intrathecal cytarabine for the current diagnosis of ALL
- Patients receiving prior steroid therapy may be eligible for AALL0932 as defined in section 3.2.5 and in Section 3.3
- All patients and/or their parents or legal guardians must sign a written informed consent.
- Patients with testicular leukemia are NOT eligible.