Senior Events Coordinator, Ride For Roswell
Company:Roswell Park Alliance Foundation
Description of Duties:
Primary coordination of The Ride For Roswell bike-a-thon as the Senior Events Coordinator; Visual and E-Media Marketing and development of the Opening Ceremony and associated fundraising efforts. Includes working with the Ride Director of Community Relations; Marketing Chairs & Co-Chairs; additional Ride Steering Committee Chairs; Ride Director of Operations & Business Administration; Ride Manager; Ride Special Event Coordinators and other Ride committees to ensure implementation of marketing and opening ceremony functions to meet pre-set goals. Accountable for budgeting and expenses of event, as well as developing, implementing, adjusting strategic plans and goals as needed.
Event staff is a division of Development Department of Roswell Park Alliance Foundation. The Foundation manages the funds raised for Roswell Park Cancer Institute by the Development Department with assistance of the Alliance Community Advisory Board.
Position reports to: Director of Community Relations for The Ride For Roswell (primary); works closely with Alliance Director of Marketing.
Position supervises: Seasonal Support Staff Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordination for The Ride For Roswell: Strategy – August to November; Development – November to January; Implementation – January to September
Overall Ride Event Planning:
- Support and coordination of overall strategy and ensure operation within budget for event.
- Work with Ride team to establish an event support strategy to reduce expenses and support team to meet income goals.
- Report to Ride Community Relations Director on a weekly basis at Ride team meetings.
- Work with Ride team to develop multi-year strategy plan for event.
- Work with Ride team to research and integrate development leads into fundraising activities to enhance The Ride experience.
- Assist Ride team with individual rider requests, online fundraising advice, mailings, database support and other related activities when needed.
- Assist Corporate coordinator in the development of sponsorship packages; securing in-kind and cash services along with conducting sponsorship presentations as related to Opening Ceremony or Marketing contacts.
Overall Marketing Planning:
- Primary on development & implementation on all Visual Marketing, E-Media and Opening Ceremony functions associated with Ride Committee(s) and maintain weekly communication with Chair/committee. Development of overall marketing strategy with approval from Ride Community Relations Director and in conjunction with Alliance Director of Marketing.
- Conduct and manage all Marketing Committee meetings. Create Marketing Committee timelines – including task sheets and committee roles sheets – review all with team.
- Primary management and recruitment of Marketing committee members and volunteers including key community leaders and partners to support event activities. Includes the development of volunteer roles, orientation events and delegation of event duties.
- Develop and execute all pre, post and Ride Weekend events including the Ride Kick-Off Party and Ride Award Ceremony.
- Work with Stewardship Coordinator to coordinate all functions for Team Roswell and Institute employee promotion and recruitment including review of RPCI Mission online magazine.
- Ensure all Ride day event activities are in place, as it relates to Marketing and Opening Ceremony functions including sponsors/vendors and volunteers are scheduled and confirmed.
Opening Ceremony Functions:
- Assist with the development of the overall Opening Ceremony strategic plans in conjunction with the Director of Community Relations. Includes development of future revenue opportunities and fundraising functions as it relates to the Opening Ceremony and direct support of all participant functions for these opportunities.
- Develop Opening Ceremony promotional plans in conjunction with overall event efforts.
- Oversee production, logistics and activities planned for the Opening Ceremony functions. Track activities, supplies, signage and other materials and main point person for all committee organization.
- Develop plan and recruitment efforts for Roswell procession including key researchers, clinicians, nurses, survivor, patients and caregivers. Main point person for procession participants and logistics.
- Recruit Opening Ceremony volunteers, assign positions, enter information and communicate necessary information to volunteers.
- Organization of event logistics for Opening Ceremony check-in as main contact and weekly reporting of Opening Ceremony attendance. Main contact for all event operations as relates to the Opening Ceremony set-up and take-down.
Visual Marketing Functions:
- Development and implementation of an overall marketing plan to include advertising, collateral pieces, public relations, photography, video production, other creative media and RPCI tie-in (in conjunction with the marketing department) when deemed necessary.
- Main point person for Creative Services and/or outside vendors to oversee production of all collateral materials and communication pieces with the approval of the Ride Director.
- Evaluate fundraising tools and techniques with Stewardship Coordinator to determine best practices and communicate with participants.
- Assist with the development of all presentation materials for community promotion and Ride Rally team presentations.
- Develop a customer service system and standard communication responses for all Ride staff to ease the processing of participants requests. Guide Development Coordinator with the communication responses to participants and assist with overage when necessary.
- Develop an inventory system, standardize and promotion for both event signage and merchandise.
E-Media & Website Strategy Functions:
- Development of overall marketing plan and implementation of website, e-communication, social media, vodcasts, podcasts and other creative media promotions.
- Assist with the long-term strategy to improve customer experience through the evaluation of e-media analytics, web navigation, usability and design in conjunction with web management team and approval of Ride Director. Research new creative media opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
- Planning and maintaining the content including The Ride website, web promotions and e-communication to also include all social media outlets: RideConnect; Facebook; Twitter; Linkedin; YouTube, Instagram and Flickr.
- Develop a participant profile program to highlight stories and share on e-media outlets.
- Main point person for web management team, develop and implement all Ride online fundraiser systems, event registrations, volunteer management system integration and web improvement programs. Point person for personal page and registration system issues.
Other Event Duties:
- Work with Ride Directors and Ride Team with other event related tasks.
- Assist with planning and implementation of all in-house special events as needed.
- Serve as an ambassador of Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years experience coordinating large scale athletic fundraising events.
- Excellent inter/intra-office communication skills
- Fundraising experience working with both individuals and team based events with preference to online pledge based fundraising systems.
- High level of volunteer management and marketing experience. (Logistics, production and cause marketing experience a plus).
- Computer program knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including mail merge/creating tables.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Sphere, Volunteer management systems and online fundraising program experience.
- Ability to multi-task in an often fast-paced environment as well as respond quickly, efficiently and effectively to high-demand situations.
- The ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously with excellent organizational skills, while self-managing priorities, anticipating and meeting multiple deadlines, and balance concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions and ambiguity is essential.
- Ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and create solutions.
- Cycling knowledge a plus.
- Flexible, willing to work nontraditional hours, including nights and weekends. (This is not a 9 to 5 job), and hopefully have a sense of humor.
- Participate in business planning and execution process, including logistics development, budgeting, branding/signage development and procurement, training, and staff management, including but not limited to seasonal, on-site staff, and interns.
- Execute on-site event responsibilities, including set-up and breakdown of events (The Ride, including other pre- and post-events).
- Ability to react quickly with cause and be resourceful in tough situations.
Hours/Shift:40 hours per week including evenings and weekends. (8:00 – 4:30; 8:30 – 5:00; or 9:00 – 5:30 Monday - Friday)
Applicants must reference the Posting # when applying for this position.
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a cover letter and resume below in Microsoft Word or PDF format.