A Community Gathering to Celebrate the Life & Times of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
David C. Hohn, MD Lecture Hall; Research Studies Center
Western New Yorkers are welcome to attend the third annual Community Gathering to Celebrate the Life & Times of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., presented by AREN (African-American Roswell Employee Network).
The ceremony will take place on Thursday, January 17, 2013 from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. in the David C. Hohn, MD Lecture Hall. A reception will follow in the Gaylord-Cary Conference Room.
Please RSVP with Maria Rivera at 716-845-4567.
The ceremony will feature:
- A keynote address by Rev. James Lewis, III, PhD, pastor of Miracle Missions Full Gospel Church and Director of Pastoral Care at Erie County Medical Center
- A recitation of selections from King’s “I Have a Dream” speech by the Rev. Kinzer Pointer, pastor of Agape Fellowship Baptist Church
- Musical performances by the Futures Academy Chorus from PS 37 and the Martin Luther King Multicultural Drum Quartet from PS 39
- Remarks from RPCI Executive Vice President Brian Springer
- A presentation of two “Capturing the Dream” Recognition Awards to RPCI employees