Bo Xu, MD, PhD
Areas of Expertise:
Oncologic surgical pathology with emphasis in genito-urologic tumors
Histomorphological diagnosis, classification and staging of urologic and male genital tumors
Clinico-pathological correlation and translational research on genito-urological tumors
Education and Training:
PhD - Wright State University Biomedical Science Ph.D. Program, Dayton, OH
MD - Nanjing Medical University Faculty of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Department of Pathology, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Department of Medicine, Section of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Staff Physician and Assistant Professor of Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
Co-Chief Resident, Department of Pathology, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Project Staff (Research Assistant Professor Level), Department of Clinical Pathology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cleveland, OH
Staff Research Associate (Instructor Level), Department of Cell Biology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cleveland, OH
Research Associate Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Wright State University School of Medicine Dayton, OH
Diplomat, The American Board of Pathology (ABP) in Combined Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, Certification Number:10-453
Diplomat, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG/USMLE), Certificate Number: 06760219
Visiting Fellow, Section of Genitourinary Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Fellow, Ontological Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
Post-doctoral Fellow, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Department of Microbiology & Immunology Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
Honors and Awards:
The Adrian O. Vladutiu Award for Excellence. The Department of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences, SUNY at Buffalo
Accomplishment Award presented by Commissioner of Health, County of Erie, NY
United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
American Society of Clinical Pathologists
College of American Pathologists
Association of Molecular Pathology
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 in colorectal carcinoma. Applied immunohistochemistry and molecular morphology : AIMM 2010; 18(3):244-249 .
- Expression of PAX2 and Renal Cell Carcinoma Antigen in Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma. Laboratory investigation 2012; 92(Suppl. 1):319A .
- Histopathological and Clinical Characterization of Intradiverticular Carcinoma in Urinary Bladder. Laboratory investigation 2012; 92(Suppl. 1):255A .
- Activation of C-Jun N-Terminal Kinase Is Associated with Histological Grade of Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma. Laboratory investigation 2012; 92(Suppl. 1):319A .
- Silencing IL-13Ralpha2 promotes glioblastoma cell death via endogenous signaling. Molecular cancer therapeutics 2011; 10(7):1149-1160 .
- Recent advances in renal cell carcinoma associated with Xp11.2 translocations/TFE3 gene fusions. North American journal of medicine and science 2012; 5(1):43-47 .