Anna Woloszynska-Read, PhD
Education and Training:
PhD - 2009 - State University of New York at Buffalo, Roswell Park Cancer Institute Division
2010-2012 - Postdoctoral Associate, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
2009-2010 - Postdoctoral Fellow, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
2009 - Christine Mirzayan Science and Technology Policy Graduate Fellow, The National Academies, Washington, DC
Honors and Awards:
2012 - AACR Scholar-in-Training Award
2011 - AACR Associate Member Council - Term 2012-2015
2010 - AACR Workshop on Translational Cancer Research for Basic Scientist
2009 - SUNY Buffalo/RPCI Award for Overall Excellence in Dissertation Research
2009 - National Academies Christine Mirzayan Science and Technology Policy Graduate Fellowship Program
2008 - AACR Edward A. Smuckler Memorial Pathobiology of Cancer Workshop
2008 - Keystone Symposia Scholarship
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG)
American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO)
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)
Women in Cancer Research
- BORIS/CTCFL expression is insufficient for cancer-germline antigen gene expression and DNA hypomethylation in ovarian cell lines. Cancer immunity 2010; 10:6 .
- BORIS/CTCFL expression is insufficient for cancer-germline antigen gene expression and DNA hypomethylation in ovarian cell lines. Cancer immunity 2010; 10 :6 .
- Distinct roles for histone methyltransferases G9a and GLP in cancer germ-line antigen gene regulation in human cancer cells and murine embryonic stem cells. Molecular cancer research : MCR 2009; 7(6):851-862 .
- Coordinated cancer germline antigen promoter and global DNA hypomethylation in ovarian cancer: association with the BORIS/CTCF expression ratio and advanced stage. Clinical cancer research 2011; 17(8):2170-2180 .
- Intertumor and intratumor NY-ESO-1 expression heterogeneity is associated with promoter-specific and global DNA methylation status in ovarian cancer. Clinical cancer research 2008; 14(11):3283-3290 .
- DNA methylation-dependent regulation of BORIS/CTCFL expression in ovarian cancer. Cancer immunity 2007; 7:21 .
- Vitamin D and cancer: Clinical aspects. Best practice and research. Clinical endocrinology and metabolism 2011; 25(4):605-615 .
- Epigenetic regulation of brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS/CTCFL) by DNA methyltransferase enzymes. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2007; 48:677 .
- Epigenetic regulation of NY-ESO-1 in ovarian cancer. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2007; 48:679 .